It’s hard to believe we are wrapping up another year at Style Maker Fabrics. While 2023 wasn’t especially great for small businesses, we are thankful for everyday that we get to bring you beautiful fabrics, sewing inspiration, and hopefully a bit of fun! Your love and support of our small business continue to push us to find new ways to best serve you. Whether it is thru updates to our online shop or finding the best new fabrics to add to your handmade wardrobes, we do it all for you, our amazing Style Maker Community.
Here is a look back at some of our favorite highlights from the past twelve months!
Let’s Be Social
While we were a bit quiet this year on social media, we are back and can’t wait to share more with all of you in 2024. Check out our top nine posts of 2023!
- @geri_in_stitches helped us kick off spring with a statement floral dress and this fantastic reel!
- We had some fun sharing how sewists can sometimes get a bit creative with their math when shopping for fabric.
- @myysweetsunshine/Alexis shared her take on fall with these gorgeous knit separates from @allieolson.patterns. (Fabrics: Top, Skirt)
- Michelle sewed up a cozy @lovenotions Oakley Vest in this unique sherpa-lined flannel.
- One of our favorite fabric finds of the year—COLORED DENIM! Shop all 15 colors HERE.
- Lavender was a must-have color this spring and we love the shorts suit @isewatnaptime/Jodi created as part of our spring launch.
- @sarahhearts took a break from designing her adorable woven labels to help us launch spring with a gorgeous rayon dress.
- After taking a bit of a social break, we made our exciting return to Instagram this summer and welcomed Alexis to our team!
- Alexis joined us in Stanwood for a week of photos, filming, and sewing fun!
Want to join in all of the fun? Follow along with us @stylemakerfabrics for an exciting year full of new arrivals, collaborations, and sewing silliness. P.S. We want to see your makes! Don’t forget to tag us in your posts, @stylemakerfabrics and #stylemakerfabrics.
Yay for Collaborations!
We love partnering with different sewists in the online sewing community and every year we are WOWed at all their amazing creations. This year took things to a whole new level with statement pieces, coordinated outfits, and unique looks to help us kick off our spring and fall fabric collections. It is aways so interesting to see what fabrics each sewist is interested in and then what they decide to make using their choices. We get to be surprised along with all of you that follow along with us!
This year also brought a few other exciting projects!
- Our dear friend Alexis/@myysweetsunshine, went from a repeat Style Maker collaborator to a member of our team. We are so exited to have Alexis helping us on social media and finding new ways to share sewing inspiration for our amazing fabrics with all of you!
- Michelle hasn’t had much time to sew this year, but she did get all all the fall wardrobe fun with a few quick pullovers that could easily be styled in different ways.
- We wrapped up the year with an exciting partnership with Cashmerette on their November club pattern, the Savin Coat. After months of keeping the secret, this was a highlight to finally share with all of you!
While we love our online sewing community, it is always a pleasure to meet some of you in real life! This year we got to meet lots of new sewing friends thru one of our retreats hosted at our sister-company, Makers Hideaway. Although everyone arrives as strangers, they all leave as dear friends after a weekend full of camaraderie, good food, and of course, sewing! We are finalizing our retreat plans for 2024, so watch for the big announcement coming soon. We’d love to have you join us!
We like to run the numbers at the end of the year and see what were the stand-out favorite patterns. As always, the results were a bit surprising! It’s the third year in a row for the top 5 for the Verdun T-Shirt and second year for the Geneva Blouse. The rest are all new comers to the list, and we can see why they are now favorites! Have you sewn any of these? Or maybe you need to add them to your list for 2024?
- Tessuti’s Harlow Shirt
- Liesl + Co’s Geneva V-neck Blouse
- Liesl + Co.’s Verdun Woven T-Shirt
- Sew House Seven’s Suavie Sundress
- Atelier Jupe’s Frida Blouse
Here are a couple of other 2023 best sellers worth mentioning—Fabric ID Tape from Kylie and the Machine and the Perfect Fuse interfacing from Palmer/Pletsch. Both are must-haves for any sewist to have at the ready!
That’s a wrap! 2023 was a pretty exciting year, but here’s to an even better 2024. We’ll be kicking off they year with a cozy mini collection in January (watch your inbox!), and look forward to seeing how our spring and fall collections come together. 2024 also marks Style Maker Fabrics’s 10th anniversary (YAY!), so we’ll have to come up with some unique ways to commemorate the occasion. Cheers to an amazing new year of sewing and surprises!
Michelle & Sharon
P.S. Have any wishlists, suggestions, or something you’d like to see from Style Maker Fabrics? We’d love to hear from you! Please, email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us HERE.