It’s another year for the record books and what and exciting year it was for Style Maker Fabrics! Thanks to all your support, our small family-run business continued to grow and thrive and pushed us to do better everyday. From exciting collaborations to a brand new venture with lots of amazing fabrics in between, the last twelve months definitely kept us on our toes. Let’s take a look at what made 2019 so memorable!
Instagram Top Nine
It is always so much fun to scroll back thru our Instagram feed and revisit some of our favorite moments from the past year. Our Top Nine pretty much sums up what this year was all about… lots of amazing fabrics! Color, texture, print, solid—you guys love them all! From top to bottom, left to right:
- A rainbow of our favorite 100% Soft Washed Linen.
- An Instagram milestone—10k followers! Thank you!
- Karen’s Tencel Twill Joy Jacket in everyone’s favorite color… MUSTARD!
- Anna’s Traverse Bag in a Japanese Canvas for our Spring Style Tour.
- Our best selling Slub Texture Linen, now available in 20 colors!
- Becca’s Seamwork Jill Coatigan in our heather grey ponte.
- Rust + Mustard + Gorgeous Floral Print = Our Customer Favorite Textured Voile Shirting
- More amazing texture and rich color with our lovely Cotton Double Gauze.
- Three new colors of our best selling Brussels Linen Blend (rayon/cotton).
Spring & Fall Style Tours
Our two biggest seasons of the year are spring and fall, which is when we give the store a complete refresh and release our big seasonal fabric collections. To help kick off the new season we love inviting an incredible group of sewists to pick some of the new fabrics and create whatever they’d like. Not only is this over-the-top inspiring, it is also an amazing way to celebrate the months of planning and hard work that goes into releasing each collection! Follow the links to check out full recaps for both of this year’s Style Tours—Spring 2019 Style Tour Recap and Fall 2019 Style Tour Recap.
- “Design the Look” Magnolia Dress — Each element was voted on by YOU, then sewn by Lindsey of Inside the Hem and the results were absolutely stunning!
- Timeless Style | Designer Linen Jasika Blazer — All of the pieces fell into place to get this stunning blazer sewn for our booth at Sew Expo this year and we can’t thank Karen enough!
- Brushstroke Floral Cielo Top — One of our personal favorites and most worn garments this summer!
Best Selling Patterns
- Pietra Pants & Shorts | Closet Case — This year’s surprise best seller…PANTS!
- Cielo Top & Dress | Closet Case — One of our favorite patterns and a must-have from Closet Case’s Rome Collection.
- Shift Dress + Top | Wiksten — A versatile staple to pair with just about any woven.
- Coram Top & Dress | Allie Olson — The booth favorite at Sew Expo and a staple for us all spring!
- Reversible Metamorphic Dress | Sew Liberated — Another surprise favorite from Sew Expo and the rest of they year!
Time to Celebrate
Our biggest news of 2019 came in two parts. First, this summer when we announced we were moving! After over a year of looking for the perfect space, we finally signed the papers on an exciting new chapter of our business. We moved into our much larger digs the beginning of October and are loving the larger aisles, extra storage and extra efficiency! We plan on being open for special open houses and by appointment to anyone that would like to come visit in the New Year.
But wait, there’s more! Part two of our big announcement came early in November when we unveiled the launch of Makers Hideaway, a retreat center for makers of all types! With room for 10 to eat, sleep and create till their hearts content, it is truly an amazing space. Time to get your friends together and plan your next creative escape. We can’t wait to see you at the Hideaway in 2020!
Plans for 2020
We are already in full on planning mode for the first few months of 2020! Sew Expo will be here before we know it and we have a booth to fill! We can’t wait to see how it takes shape over the next few weeks! Right on the heals of Expo will be the launch of our Spring Collection and another amazing Style Tour. Throw in our first Style Maker hosted sewing retreat at Makers Hideaway and we have a very busy spring!
We can’t wait to see what the new year, and a new decade, bring! As always, if there is anything you’d like to see us add to the shop this year, changes you’d like to see made to our blog or website, or any other suggestions that you have, please leave them in the comments below or send us an email HERE. We’d love to hear from you and always appreciate your suggestions and feedback! In the meantime, keep watching our email newsletter for more info on everything we have going on!
Cheers and Happy New Year!
1 thought on “Looking Back at 2019”
What a wonderful year – thank you for sharing your vision with me. I’m so honored to feel a part and give you all my support!!