Whew! What a year?! Anyone else excited to turn the page on 2022? As you have probably heard, life for small businesses was not great in 2022. From rising costs, to troublesome logistics, and not enough hours in the day, this past year definitely tested our resolve. But your support of our small business and our passion for what we do pushed us forward, and we are very proud of everything we accomplished over the past twelve months! Here is a peek at some of the highlights!
Sharing the Love
Instagram continues to be our favorite way to connect with all of you and the rest of the sewing community! Let’s take a look at the favorite posts from 2022—there is a bit of a trend…flowers!
- Crazy for spring blooms—watch for new floral fabrics coming soon!
- Handmade wardrobe inspiration from @anniesewandsew.
- Stand-out floral double gauze from Japan’s Nani Iro (P.S. It’s back in stock!)
- Sew the rainbow…of boiled wool! Shop all 17 colors HERE.
- Versatile linen blend canvases from the Ruby Star Society.
- Bold & bright ultra-wide cotton sateens from Ruby Star.
- 2022: The Year of Flowers—Twill Canvas from See You at Six
- @bethanylynne_makes’s stunning fall outfit combination—Take a closer look HERE.
- Did we mention florals? Atelier Jupe’s stunning contribution on wonderfully soft rayons.
Find more posts like these, featuring new arrivals, customer makes, and other fun sewing content from around our shop throughout the year, by following along @stylemakerfabrics!
2022 also brought lots of exciting collaborations with other sewists! To kick off the release of our Spring Collection, we highlighted all of our favorite spring fabrics and shared some amazing looks to help inspire your own seasonal wardrobe. Check out all of the different fabric types and looks for each HERE.
This summer we dove into swimwear sewing with three incredible ensembles featuring some of our designer deadstock fabric finds! Didn’t @a_girlwithanaccent, @thesharonaguilar, and @poshpilar knock these summer looks out of the park?! Learn more about each one HERE.
We rounded out the year with some comfy/cozy fall makes! We partnered with some exciting new collaborators and sewing friends to find just the right fabric combinations for their fall looks, and the results were fantastic! Learn more about these amazing sewists and their featured looks HERE.
By the Numbers
We are always curious to see what our best selling indie patterns are for the year, and 2022 was a bit of a surprise! New to Style Maker, Tessuti, cracked the top five, and customer-favorite, Liesl + Co., took an astounding three spots, including one repeat from 2021. Have you made any of these patterns? If not, are any on your sewing list for 2023?
- True Bias’s Marlo Sweater
- Tessuti’s Ines Shirt
- Liesl + Co’s Geneva V-neck Blouse
- Liesl + Co.’s Fira Dress + Top
- Liesl + Co.’s Verdun Woven T-Shirt
While we didn’t accomplish as much as we wanted this past year, it was still an exciting year for Style Maker Fabrics and we are looking forward to see what the new year brings. We have some very exciting ideas and goals for Style Maker Fabrics, and hope that 2023 is the year that we can bring them to life! May the New Year bring a larger team (we’re hiring!), new sewing adventures, and of course, lots more beautiful fabrics! Cheers to the New Year!
Michelle & Sharon
P.S. Have any wishlists, suggestions, or something you’d like to see from Style Maker Fabrics? We’d love to hear from you! Please, email us anytime at email@example.com or contact us HERE.